Rebuildable Steel+ Tank Breathers
|Stop contamination of your products in storage and process tanks with LSM Breathers. Install a LSM hygroscopic breather that extracts the incoming moisture and filters out the incoming particles before the contents of the tank are contaminated.|
For harsh or corrosive environments
"It costs ten times as much to remove a particle as it does to keep it out in the first place."
Stop contamination of your products in storage and process tanks with LSM Breathers
- Edible Oils and Beverages
- Pharmaceutical Fluids
- Lubricants and Fuels
Draw-down and temperature changes permit moisture-laden and heavily contaminated outside air to enter the storage or process tank and pollute the contents. This can result in product waste and time consuming product reconditioning.
Install a LSM Hygroscopic Breather that extracts the incoming moisture and filters out the incoming particles before the contents of the tank are contaminated.
Features with LSM Breather Technology
- Integrated Standpipe: Resilient construction provides durability and
allows clean oil to drain back into a reservoir.
- Pleated Filter Element: Replaceable polyethylene micro-glass filter removes particles to 1-micron absolute.
- Silica Gel / Desiccant: Easy-to-replace desiccant bags remove moisture from incoming air, extending fluid and system life.
- Carbon Steel or Stainless Steel Housing: Handles high temperatures and extreme environments, prevents corrosion.
- Various Sizes: Adaptation to virtually any system.
Benefits with LSM Breather Technology
- Eliminates contamination of products stored in tanks, by drying and cleaning the air before it enters the tank
- Eliminates corrosion inside the tank, by removing moisture before it enters the tank
- Minimises amount of particles entering the tank by dual stage filtration, provided by patented polyester filter
- Eliminates chemical reactions to the stored product in the tank by keeping out natural change-agents
- With the above problems eliminated or minimised Standpipe-Diameter Unit Standpipe Rated, maintenance costs are reduced
Sturdy Construction - Multiple Applications
Every breather is manufactured to withstand typical industrial and tank farm environments. LSM hygroscopic tank breathers are designed for installation on most storage and/or process tanks. They are available in eight sizes. [See specifications below above]
How the Product Works
As wet, dirty air is drawn through the unit, a 1-micron pleated filter element removes solid particulate and the hygroscopic agent extracts moisture. When the air is expelled from the container, the pleated filter cleans itself by releasing dirt back into the atmosphere. The hygroscopic agent is partially reactivated by the dry air passing back through, thereby permitting longer periods between recharging or replacing. An outside sight glass indicator changes color from blue to pink when the unit requires recharging.
Models, Accessories and Installation Methods
Add an 'R' to the end of the model # to indicate rebuild kit, which includes filter & replacement desiccant for specified model.
Accessories for both mounting methods shown are shipped with each breather.
New Steel Refillable / Rebuildable Breathers eliminates Water contamination in oil, fuel and other fluids, rust and corrosion inside the container, chemical reactions or spoilage, increased oil and filter life, reduced abrasive wear, downtime, and repair costs, improved fluid (Oil / Fuel etc) performance, more reliable equipment performance.