LSM Technologies / Orlaco Viewing Solutions adds RadarEye integrated Radar
LSM Technologies adds to their Orlaco Viewing Solutions integrated RadarEye for enhanced Situation Awareness , Proximity Detection and Collision Avoidance.
LSM Technologies adds to their Orlaco Viewing Solutions integrated RadarEye for enhanced Situation Awareness , Proximity Detection and Collision Avoidance (see the video clip below).
LSM Technologies are renowned for being leaders in providing their specialised Orlaco Viewing Solutions for enhancement of Situation Awareness / Visibility around machines and equipment according to the only international Standard- ISO 5006 / 16001 Operator Visibility around Earthmoving Machines.
Based upon historical data by DEEDI (now Department of Natural Resources & Mines- Mines Inspectorate QLD), Serious accident and high potential incident reports, since 2008, there has been an increasing number of HPI's associated with Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V), Vehicle to Person (V2P) and Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I) interactions.
Evaluation of this data also proves that more than 90% of HPI's involving V2V, V2P and V2I interactions are a result of- or are a significant contributor- of restricted Operator visibility (Blind Spots) around vehicles and equipment.
These “blind spots” occur predominantly:
- At speeds of 0-10 kilometres / hour.
- In situations of close proximity to another vehicle, structure or person.
- When vehicles are reversing and / or where Operators have limited vision around the machine.
Whilst enhanced Visibility around machines has proven to reduce the majority of incidents, there has also been a demand for further situation awareness technology, in supply of a robust and integrated Proximity Detection System.
Subsequently, Orlaco has heard this demand and developed its RadarEye Detection System that fully integrates into their Camera Viewing Solutions.
A few of the Features and Benefits of the RadarEye are:
- Applications: Our RadarEye can be utilised on any equipment / vehicle utilised in the Earthmoving / Mining, Transport, Forklift and many other industries.
- Low Intrusion / Operator Interaction: Radar detection is provided by a simple "traffic light" indication on the LCD Monitor combined with audible warnings (see RHS image).
- Radar Detection: Using a combination of Medium (upto 20 metres) and Short Range (2- 10 metre's) Radar Sensors (which are fully user- adjustable), the RadarEye provides optimum detection whilst limiting false alarms.
- Radar + Camera Integration: Our Camera System already provides a "scanning" feature (scans all views in sequence) during start- up or on demand (pushbutton on LCD Monitor). To add to this safety feature, the Radar Sensors are locked to their respective camera(s) and should any of the Radar Sensors detect an object that is attached to multiple cameras then the camera view will oscillate between the detected views.
- Speed Adjustment: The RadarEye can be connected to the Vehicle Tachometer and so the "sensing" range of the Radar Sensors can be set to operate / turn- off at higher speeds- further reducing false alarms.
- Robust and Durable: Like all our Orlaco Camera components, the RadarEye Sensors are also very robust and built "fit- for- purpose" in arduous operating environments.
- Reduced Operator Interaction: LSM Technologies configures their Camera Solutions to maximise safety and minimise the need for Operator intervention. With the addition of the RadarEye, this is completed by:
- When the Operator selects a Gear- eg Reverse- then the Rear Camera View immediately appears on the LCD Monitor.
- If a Radar Sensor detects an object it will automatically show the respective Camera View on the LCD Monitor.
- A Joy Stick is installed that allows the Operator to quickly change / override a view manually on the fly.
- Camera views are automatically scanned during start- up and on demand by pushing a button on the LCD screen keypad.
For more information on our integrated RadarEye Sensor / Camera Solution click this link.
- Editorial ISO 5006 ISO 5006 Standard for Earthmoving Equipment Operators Visibility.
- Three four Defences Administrative Controls Operator Visibility Proximity Detection Collision Avoidance
- Also Search "5006" on our Home Page for other articles.
| Printable PDF
Download this news item as a printable PDF file.